About St. Paul Eye Clinic
The Latest in Comprehensive Vision Care
A tradition of exceptional, comprehensive vision care
The history of our practice dates back to 1969. That was the year in which St. Paul Eye Clinic began providing leading-edge solutions for a whole host of vision problems – along with the highly personalized care that we knew patients would appreciate. It didn’t take long for us to become the trusted source for many area doctors and their patients’ vision care.
From a humble beginning with one ophthalmologist, we now operate 9 office locations - 7 in the St. Paul area and 2 in northwest Wisconsin - with a support staff of over 100, including 13 board-certified ophthalmologists, therapeutic-certified optometrists, and several certified opticians. Today, we still follow the same philosophy we established in 1969.
The area’s most advanced, most complete vision care
Over the years, St. Paul Eye Clinic has set the standard for vision care throughout the St. Paul, Minnesota area. Today, we offer state-of-the-art vision correction surgery, including CustomVue® LASIK and advanced surface ablation.
We also offer the latest phacoemulsification procedure, which enables us to remove cataracts through a tiny incision with topical anesthesia, inserting the latest advanced technology intraocular (IOL) lenses, ReSTOR® and Toric.
We also utilize the state-of-the-art IOL Master system, a diagnostic tool that accurately calculates measurements of eye length and surface curvature prior to cataract surgery. This precision helps us determine the patient’s individual intraocular lens implant needs, giving you the most successful outcome possible.
In addition, we are proud to offer selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT). SLT is a revolutionary and highly effective method of treating open-angle glaucoma.
Finally, we offer full-service, in-house optical centers as part of our ophthalmology practice.
Thorough, state-of-the-art eye exams
Because your eyesight is such an important part of your life, you should have your eyes checked regularly. At St. Paul Eye Clinic, you will receive one of the most comprehensive eye exams possible using state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment. This allows your eye doctor to detect signs of diseases or abnormalities early on.
In addition to assessing nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and other vision abnormalities, we perform thorough evaluations for sight-threatening problems like glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, and macular degeneration.
Some of the innovative exams we perform include computerized visual field exam, corneal topography, pachymetry, and retinal thickness analysis. Once your eye exam is complete, your doctor will take the time to go over the results with you. Everything will be explained to you clearly so you have a complete understanding of your current eye health and vision needs.
Experienced, board-certified and fellowship-trained eye physicians treat you right
When you need vision care or eye care, look to the highly credentialed ophthalmologists at St. Paul Eye Clinic. We have trained at some of the leading universities in the world, and our collective experience is over 200 years! As you might imagine, there is very little in vision care that we haven’t already seen and treated successfully.
You will find our doctors and staff friendly, approachable, caring, compassionate and professional. We pride ourselves on delivering a high standard of care along with the most efficient, convenient services available. We always look after your best interests. Maybe that’s why our success rates are so high and why our centers of excellence in eye care are so often recommended.
Back to the top
Premier Centers of Excellence
Innovative care for all types of eye disease
As board-certified ophthalmologists who have stayed at the forefront of vision care, our centers of excellence offer you today’s most innovative diagnostic and treatment methods for many conditions, including:
- Cataracts: We perform the “no-patch,” “no-injection,” “no-stitch” method of cataract surgery. With this outpatient procedure, your cataract is removed and a state-of-the-art lens is implanted to restore your vision. It’s quick and effective and offers rapid recovery in just a few days. Some patients are candidates for the revolutionary ReSTOR® lens implant which, in many cases, can help patients see clearly at all distances without glasses. Also, cataract patients with astigmatism may benefit from a Toric lens replacement to improve distance vision without glasses. Our doctors have performed tens of thousands of cataract surgeries, so you can feel confident.
- Glaucoma: If glaucoma is detected during your eye exam, we will outline a treatment plan that may include pressure-reducing eyedrops or advanced in-office laser treatment, including SLT.
- Diabetic eye disease: We pinpoint diabetic retinopathy in its early stages, when there are no noticeable symptoms. If treatment is needed, you’ll feel confident knowing we use the most advanced laser techniques. In addition to treating diabetic eye disease, we offer effective laser solutions for retinal vascular disease and retinal tears.
- Macular degeneration: About 2 million Americans have advanced macular degeneration, an age-related eye disease that damages the central portion of the retina. It causes blind spots and blurred or distorted vision. Our doctors use the latest methods for treating and managing this debilitating disease, including OCT, and diagnostic retinal scanning technology.
Your trusted choice for advanced laser vision correction
If you’re considering LASIK, consider this: Collectively, we have performed many thousands of laser vision correction procedures.
St. Paul Eye Clinic is proud to offer the FDA-approved VISX® CustomVue® STAR S4IR excimer laser with WaveFront technology. Its results are as individual as your fingerprint, and it is one of the most utilized lasers in the world today. It can safely and effectively reduce or eliminate nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
What’s more, we offer state-of-the-art 3D tracking technology. By precisely tracking eye movement, we deliver greater accuracy and enhanced LASIK outcomes, sometimes better than 20/20.
On-site surgical centers for your convenience
The Midwest Surgery Center is a fully-licensed ambulatory surgery center located in the Midwest Eye & Ear Institute. This surgical center features state-of-the-art equipment for treatment of eye diseases such as cataracts, glaucoma, eyelid surgery, and corneal procedures.
Then there is the St. Paul Eye Clinic Laser Vision Center, also conveniently located in the Midwest Eye & Ear Institute. This Center provides advanced laser vision correction for nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
Comprehensive eye care under the same roof
At St. Paul Eye Clinic, we are uniquely qualified to provide comprehensive care for most eye problems and conditions, including prescriptions for eyeglasses and contact lenses, dry eye, eye infections, LASIK, macular degeneration, and cataract surgery. With a variety of specialty and subspecialty ophthalmologists and optometrists, we offer full eye care to adults and children of all ages.
On-site, full-service optical centers
For your convenience, St. Paul Eye Clinic offers full-service optical centers staffed by several board-certified and experienced opticians. We will take the time to help you select the right eyeglasses for your lifestyle, occupation, and personal style. With our in-office finishing lab, our opticians can customize your lenses to ensure your satisfaction.
Back to the top
- Designer frames: Choose from over 1,000 different frames for adults and children, including the latest, most popular fashion frames available. These include Silhouette®, Kate Spade®, Giorgio Armani®, Juicy Couture®, Cole Haan®, Jimmy Choo ®, and more.
- The latest lenses: We offer Zeiss® and Varilux® progressive no-line bifocal lenses, glare-free lenses, Transitions® lenses (darken outdoors), ultrathin high-index lenses, polycarbonate lenses, sports lenses, safety lenses, and more.
- Lens features: Now you can have your lenses customized for your individual needs with features such as scratch-resistant coating, glare-free lenses, special tinting, and ultraviolet (UV) protection.
- Contact lenses: We offer a variety of
contact lens types that can give you clear, comfortable vision, even if you’re hard to fit. These include disposable, extended-wear, daily-wear, gas-permeable, bifocal, keratoconic, Toric, astigmatic, and colored lenses.
Affordable, Convenient Personal Care
Your total convenience
- Many insurance plans accepted and filed, including Medicare (we do not participate in any vision plans)
- Options to make our services and products more affordable
- Convenient, flexible appointments, including Saturdays
- Major credit cards welcome
- Emergencies seen promptly
- Handicapped-accessible parking
When it’s time for you to take a closer look at the most trusted name in comprehensive, affordable eye care, call the St. Paul Eye Clinic nearest you today!
Back to the top
Learn more about our services and why patients choose St. Paul Eye Clinic for their eye care.
Back to the top